“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
Are you interested in digital scrapbooking, but don’t know how to get started? Don’t want to spend $100 on Photoshop Elements and find software like that intimidating anyway? Scrapbook Max may be your answer. I have almost no experience with digital scrapbooking, having only just dipped my toe in the water starting about 2 weeks ago, so I was interested in the process that people might use to create layouts if I created some digital items. I installed Scrapbook Max to give it a try and thought I would review it here for you. There are many more features than I will cover here – I’m just going to hit the high points.
- Easy installation and helpful instructional video to help you get started.
- Comes with lots of nice kits and layouts, and you can use any items/kits you download from the internet as well.
- Allows you to start with a layout that’s already set up, or start with a blank page and import elements as you need them.
- Includes some really nice photo effects as well as allowing you to crop and remove red eye right inside the program.
- Printing service available for all sizes of pages. For a 12×12 it’s $3.99 a page, which is pretty reasonable considering what you might pay for items if you did the page with traditional paper elements. You could just print on regular 8.5×11″ paper and do an 8×8″ album and not have to send layouts out to be printed at all. I’ve printed right from my desktop and it’s beautiful! (depends somewhat on the quality of your printer of course)
- There are multiple options for using your digital albums besides just printing them. You can save them as a PDF, make a screensaver, easily burn a CD for family and friends, and you can even add music to you albums.
- Reasonable price ($39.95)
Cons (there aren’t many):
- The kits that come with the program are okay. There are certainly some nice elements in them, and it’s nice that there are multiple page layouts within each template, but overall the quality could be higher.
- The video should have included information about creating a page from scratch using elements other than what comes with the program.
Below is a page I did in Scrapbook Max in about 5 minutes using a kit I downloaded from Shabby Princess.
Bottom line: this is a great program. I’ve been a paper scrapper since I started, and I’m about ready to convert (okay maybe just for some projects. I still like the dimension of a paper album). Digital scrapbooking is so much easier in many ways, and ScrapbookMax makes it super-easy and user-friendly. You can click the banner below to visit the main site for more features, and either download a trial version or buy the program.
(In the interest of full disclosure, I do get a little bonus if you order the software after clicking the banner. This didn’t have any influence on my review however.)
“Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever.” ~ Author Unknown
I have a new letterset for you today. It’s a giant, elegant silver metallic set with black swirls. Also include is some punctuation and numbers. It’s saved into one zip file (25MB) as 300DPI PNG format.
Here’s a new letter set for you! This one is purple with a “stitch” and a bevel to give them some dimension. This time I’ve saved the letters as a PDF and as PNG files so you have multiple options for using them.
Stay tuned for a similar set in pale green in the next couple of days!
From time to time I like to feature sites that are great resources for scrapbooking, and today’s featured site is ScrapScene!
ScrapScene covers every element of scrapbooking, including contests, classes, book and product reviews, designer features, scrapping techniques and trends and just about everything in between. Interested in getting to know who’s who in the scrapbooking world? They have a huge list of “celebrity” scrapbookers with links to all their sites.
The most recent contest at ScrapScene was called “Totally Transparent” – take a look at the gallery for lots of ideas on using transparent items in your layouts and projects!
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. – Psalm 19:1
Thanks to the advice of Kathy, I’ve now changed my file format to transparent PNGs. This will make it easier for you to use these items in digital scrapbook layouts!
Want to use a Bible verses in your scrapbooking projects, but just don’t know how to find good ones? I have done lots of searching and have gone back through all my books to gather what I hope will be a helpful resource as you look for that perfect verse!
What have I missed? I’d like to continue updating this page, so I would appreciate your suggestions.
Some of these verses are available as printables on the Bible Verses page.
- Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Acts 2:38
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139: 13-14
- May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice! Proverbs 23:25
- Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16
- I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
- Children are a gift from the Lord; a child is a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3
- Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
- From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise. Psalm 8:2
- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11
- Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests. Luke 2:14
- For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
- He has risen, just as he said. Matthew 28:6
- Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I Peter 1:3
- As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
- Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. Proverbs 4:1
- Children’s children are a crown to the aged. Proverbs 17:6
- Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Psalm 126:2
- For you make me glad by your deeds, O LORD; I sing for joy at the works of your hands. Psalm 92:4
- A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30
- Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Proverbs 31:28
- Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:10
- Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious! Psalm 66:1-2
- Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music. Psalm 98:4
- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
- Let the rivers clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy. Psalm 98:8
- The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Psalm 19:1
- When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8:3-4
- The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him. Psalm 27:8
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
- I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. Psalm 7:17
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4
- Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 118:1
- Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107: 8-9
- For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. I Corinthians 13:13
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Corinthians 13:4-7
- Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death. Song of Solomon 8:6
- To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1
- I thank my God every time I remember you. Phillipians 1:3
- Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Phillipians 4:4
- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
- Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:6
- O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you. Psalm 84:12